I am a FIDE Master from Iceland, currently rated 2371 and I have 2 IM norms. My goal is to become an International Master of chess.
I started playing at a young age and had decent success in youth tournaments, scoring as high as 2nd in National Championships for my age group.
I more or less quit playing chess except for the occasional league game from 1994-2000. At that time I was around 1900 national rating which is very similar to FIDE ratings.
I then started playing online and got the bacteria again.
I restarted my chess career in the Reykjavik Open in 2000 but didn’t have a great tournament. That didn’t stop me and I studied really hard for the next year in 2001 I entered the FIDE rating list with 2194 after a couple of good tournament and that year I raised my Icelandic rating about 300+ rating points.
I had my best tournament in the Icelandic Championship in 2003 when I placed 3rd after two GM’s.
I then reached the FM title in 2004 and got my first norm shortly thereafter. Since then I reached my 2nd norm and after staying steady at about 2340 for some years I have in recent years increased my rating and have been around 2370 for about a year now.
I began making chess videos on Chessvidoes.tv in 2007/2008 and have always enjoyed that. Late in 2013 I began to focus my video making for YouTube and have started to build up my channel there to share my passion for chess.
- I am 5x Icelandic team Champion
- 3rd place in Icelandic individual Championship
- 2nd in Reykjavik City Championship
- 3rd in 2008 BunrattyMasters behind Svidler and Baburin
- 2nd in Istak International
- 2nd in Kaupthing International
- 3rd in Reykjavik CC Invitational
- 2nd in 2013 Icelandic Blitz Championship
- Unofficial Icelandic Bullet champion 2013
- 2014 Offical FIDE Trainer
- 2014 Iceland Womens Olympiad Team Captain
- 2015 Icelandic Mens Captain for ETCC
- 2016 Icelandic Team Chess Champion
- 2016 Icelandic Mens Captain for Baku Olympiad
- 2016 Kringlan Blitz Champion (Over GM and IM)
- 2016 Reykjavik Chess Club Championship 1st
- 2017 RCC 40+ Tournament, joint 1st
- 2017 Icelandic Team Chess Champion
- 2017 North-Iceland Congress winner
- 2017 Akureyri SOS Memorial winner